This article will show you how to fix the 0x80d02002 Windows Update Error.
The windows update error 0x80d02002 wsus is a common Windows Update Error that can occur when installing updates. This error usually occurs during the installation of an update and it will prevent you from being able to install any other updates until the issue is resolved.
When attempting to install a fresh version of Windows 10, users will get the error number 0x80d02002. Don’t panic if you receive this error number when installing Windows 10 Update. You may simply repair it using the techniques listed below.
Take a look at these options.
Method 1: Reset the components of Windows Update Method 2: Double-check the region’s accuracy. Method 3: Upgrade your system while it’s still operational.
Method 1: Reset the components of Windows Update
Resetting Windows Update components is one of the most efficient ways to solve problem 0x80d02002. Renaming the SoftwareDistribution folder and the catroot2 folder, which are needed for the Windows Update process, will reset the Windows Update components.
The following instructions will show you how to rename these two directories.
1) To open the Run box, press Win+R (the Windows logo key and the R key) at the same time on your keyboard.
2) To open Command Prompt as Administrator, type ‘cmd’ into the Run box and hit Shift+Ctrl+Enter. If a UAC (User Account Control) question appears, just click OK to enable the program to make modifications.
3) To prevent services from accessing the SoftwareDistribution and catroot2 folders, copy and paste the following instructions. After each instruction, be sure you hit Enter.
net stop cryptsvc net stop bits net stop wuauserv
4) Rename the folders in the folder location.
4a) Navigate to the SoftwareDistribution folder on C:Windows. It should be renamed to SoftwareDistribution.old.
4b) Locate the catroot2 folder in C:WindowsSystem32. Change the name to ‘catroot2.old’.
You can use commands to rename the catroot2 folder if you can’t change it using File Explorer. Simply enter the command below into the Administrator Command Prompt and hit Enter.
5) Copy and paste the following instructions into the Command Prompt to restart the services that were halted in Step 3). After each instruction, be sure you hit Enter.
start bits on the internet net start cryptsvc net start wuauserv
6) Close the Command Prompt window.
7) Verify that the 0x80d02002 Windows Update problem has been fixed.
Method 2: Double-check the region’s accuracy.
The error 0x80d02002 may occur if the region on Windows 10 is improperly configured. As a result, double-check that the region in your system is accurate. Take the following steps:
1) To launch Search, press Win+S (the Windows logo key and the S key) on your keyboard at the same time.
2) In the search box, type “settings” and click on it.
3) Pick a time and a language.
4) Choose a region. Set the Current Format to ‘English (United Kingdom)’ under ‘Regional format’.
5) Choose a language. Click Add a language under Preferred languages, then enter your language.
6) Once your language has been added, pick it and click the ‘Move Up’ option to make it the first language.
7) Select Region once again. Select your nation from the drop-down option under ‘Country or area.’
8) Verify that the 0x80d02002 Windows Update problem has been fixed.
Method 3: Upgrade your system while it’s still operational.
If your Windows Update problem 0x80d02002 continues after completing the instructions above, you may try doing an in-place upgrade. Many Windows 10 customers have reported that an in-place upgrade may resolve their Windows Update problems.
You may learn more about in-place updates and how to do them by clicking on this link.
With the methods above, you should be able to fix the Windows 10 Update problem 0x80d02002. Please leave a remark below if you have any questions, thoughts, or recommendations.
The windows update failed to download an update event id 31 is a Windows Update Error that can be fixed easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix error 0x80d02002?
This error is usually caused by a corrupted file. You can try to reinstall the game and see if that fixes it, or you can delete your Beat Saber directory and redownload the game.
How do I fix Windows Update initializing?
There are a few ways to fix this issue. The most common way is to try and run Windows Update again, but if that doesnt work, you can also try running the troubleshooter for your computer.
How do I fix Windows Update not updating?
If you are having issues with Windows Update not updating, there is a good chance that your computer has been infected with malware. You can use the following steps to remove any potential threats on your PC.
- 0x80d02002 sccm
- windows update troubleshooter
- windows update error 0x80d02002 server 2019
- windows update error 0x80248007
- windows 10 version 2004 0x80d02002